i thought i read that back then too....but it might have changed because i ran across this earlier this year (published march 2009)
If the technique is stated to be by cold biopsy forceps, code 45380 should be assigned and not a code from the 45383 - 45385 code range.
taken from here....
it's not what you were looking for but it may be the most updated/corrected coding now-a-days...hoped it helped anyhows!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join