I am trying to understand AZ Laws regarding the unclaimed property. Is there a minimum balance for patient credit refunds on patients that you can not contact or find to disburse the refund? I have researched many articles and the answers vary greatly: You don't have to refund the patient at all if the credit is under $25; You don't have to refund if under $50; Have to refund ANY amount within 60 days; Have to refund patient credit balances quarterly. Also, is there a minimum balance in AZ that we have to report unclaimed credit balances to the State? And do we have a certain number of years to locate the patient? I am very confused and the articles & state laws are confusing me more.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join