Hopefully this will be helpful to you. The risk table, which is the same for both 95 and 97 guidelines is on page 24.
To determine your MDM level it is actually 2 of 3. So your level of at least 2 of the 3 (Dx points, Data points, Risk) must meet or exceed the level in order to support it.
On the table of risk you pick the highest of any category. So treatment options, ie surgery, are in the far right column.
In order to give you a MDM level we really need more information. It is not cut and dry based on surgery options.
What dx do you have and are they new, established stable, or established worsening?
What data is being reviewed/ordered?
What type of surgery?
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join