15xxx is not appropriate because this code series is for skin replacement. In this instance, the alloderm is being used to close the fascia. If it is not bundled, 49568 is the appropriate code, as it is for implant of mesh "or other prosthesis" The Alloderm vendor has been promoting the 15xxx frequently, but from a CPT coding principles perspective, 15xxx is only correct when used for skin replacement. Using alloderm for fascial defects needs to be coded to the appropriate system.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join