You are correct all the bunionectomy codes do include the sesamoidectomy the only thing that could be done is add a 22 modifier and increase your billed amount for that CPT for the bunionectomy with sesamoidectomy showing that unusual procedural services are provided and submit with documentation showing that this is above and beyond a normal sesamoidectomy was performed with the bunionectomy. Most likely the insurance company will pay at the standard contracted rated. Your podiatrist is most likely thinking if the sesamoidectomy is bill with a 59 modifier it will be paid separately. I would cation against this. I check against the NCCI edits 28315 is considered content of all bunionectomy codes. Hope this is helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join