CPT 45380 can be billed separately IF the biopsy is done on a separate polyp or part of the colon. It can also be used when a different polyp is removed by cold biopsy. Example, Polyp removed in the cecum by hot bx (45384) another polyp in the transverse colon is removed by cold biopsy (45380-59). Modifier 59 indicates that one procedure was performed separately and independently from the other.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join