I am having a quandary in finding the correct diagnosis for "Situational Anxiety". In the Doctors HPI it states the patient has a fear of eating in social situations and his definitive diagnosis is "situational Anxiety. I want to know if 300.09 (Anxiety states ,other) would be the correct code for his DX. But then I see code 300.23 (Social phobia-fear of eating in public) listed under phobic disorders. But the doctor doesn't state situational anxiety due to anything as his definitive DX. Would I need the doctor to add an addendum to this stating the fear of eating in order to use the 300.23 or can I use 300.09 just as it stands. Please advise and let me know what resources you used or if it just your opinion.
Thanks for your help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join