I work for a group of family practitioners in Reston, Virginia. One of the issue always comes up that patient came in for a well woman visit and we submitted the sample to the lab. Lab tells us two days later that the sample was not good to perform the needed test. We ask patient to come back to the office and recollect the sample. Currently, we do not bill this visit to the insurance or patient. I understand there are diagnosis codes for this visit. But I have no idea which CPT code I should use to bill this visit to insurance. I understand I may have to add modifier 76 to the CPT code, as this will be the repeat procedure by the same physician. But this is not done in a hospital, it is just done in the office. The patient comes in is for doctor to recollect the sample and send it to the lab.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join