Are they copying from the patient's previous encounter, or a standard template for everyone?
I would think if they use the patient's personal history as a template and then note that there were no changes or something, that would be ok. The exam, MDM and medical necessity would bring it back down to where it should be.
If they are copying and pasting a standard form that is the same for everyone, then you have issues.
I thought there was something about that on the Medicare website, but am unable to locate it at the moment. I'll let you know if I find it. Maybe someone else knows where it is?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join