When a patient has a procedure and an ER visit on the same day how are you coding this ?
I would use the appropriate e/m code with the appropriate 25/57 modifiers depending on the procedure that was performed
Are you coding both and attaching a -25 ? If so, why ?
not necessarily the 25, could be a 57--why??? because the e/m is separately reportable with a procedure appropriate documentation.
this coding would be done for Ortho Surgeons
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join