I would like to suggest that you contact Ingenix and see if there are any presentations coming up for your area.
Last year I attended a free workshop/seminar presented by Ingenix called "Diagnostic Coding for Medicare Advantage" that was very informative. It even included 4 CEUs. The speaker explained about the Risk Adjustment Factor and Methodology, the Hierarchical Condition Categories, just to name a few topics. There were coding question breaks along the way, where we had to use our ICD-9-CM books to code scenarios. It was well worth my time to attend.
The Ingenix presenters also said that they would come to providers' offices to present coding classes geared for physicians and hospitalists on the Medicare Risk Adjustment with examples of chart documentation and model progress notes, free of charge. Ingenix is able to offer these coding classes for free, by partnering with the health plans who offer Medicare Advantage coverage. HCC coding is where "specificity" matters and pays off for the health plans at least!
Maybe this would be beneficial to you and your office as well.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join