I see several problems with this coding scenario.
1. I do not see documentation for 64400 (trigeminal block) at all.
2. Since 64405 is an injection by definition, then 96372 is automatically bundled and should not be billed.
3. 64405 already includes an office visit, as all surgical codes do. Unless there was more work done by the provider that was not listed in the post, a separately identifiable office visit is not warranted.
64405-50 plus the J codes seems to be the appropriate billing to me.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join