What is needed to code a OV Consult is the THREE R's---
1) Request (Written from the Physician that sent the pt to you--usually put on a RX slip) (if HMO-use proper referral form)
2) Reason (Rendering)
3) Report (send a report back to the Physician that requested the visit)
Also it is good to read the information under the E/M chapter in your CPT book about Consultations.
Please make sure that you put the Referring Physician Name/UPIN/NPI on your HCFA form so you will rec'd correct payment from insurance co. After first visit, pt can be billed as an established pt if continue care is needed.
Hope this helps you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join