If the polyp was removed from the esophagus and a biopsy was done on stomach/gastric, it all is coded on what instrument was used-forceps only once per EGD, and snare only once per EGD-no matter how many times per EGD.
So, say polyp was snare, and biopsy in stomach region was forcep removal, you would code-43251, 43239-59.
But, if both were done by forceps,
you would code-43239. Once.
Kathleen-Digestive Health Associates
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join