Who requested your opinion? The admitting physician? Or Surgeon? Or was it the patient and/or his family who is asking for a 2d opinion.
If the request for your opinion came from a qualified provider (physician, NP, PA, etc) then you probably DO have a consult.
If the request for your opinion came from the patient then you have a subsequent hospital visit. (The subsequent hospital visit is used by any physician subsequent to the admitting physician, unless it's a consult.)
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join