I don't know why it would be inclusive, but that dx (729.5 - Pain in Limb) is not on the list for covered codes from CMS (http://www.cms.hhs.gov/CoverageGenIn...al200910.pdf#7).
However, 719.40-719.49 (Pain in joint) is on the list. Is there documentation to support this?
I don't know if the dx change will make a difference though if it's being denied as inclusive (not due to non-covered dx). ??
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join