Part of the answer depends on exactly what your question is.
For documenting the level of service of the initial hospital visit 99221-99223 ... it doesn't matter what form you use or where the piece of paper is located (office chart, hospital chart) or how you combine the various pieces of paper. As long as, if asked, you can produce the documentation that supports the chosen level of service.
The hospital, however, may require that you use and complete their own H&P form. That doesn't make it separately billable, it's just the rule of that facility for physicians granted privileges there.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join