Here is info from the AMA
Healthcare News: AMA clarifies appropriate reporting for H1N1 vaccine code
AUGUST 19, 2009 â€”
The American Medical Association (AMA) issued a clarification regarding the appropriate method of reporting codes for the H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine and administration.
It is appropriate to report general pandemic vaccine code 90663 (Influenza virus vaccine, pandemic formulation) for the H1N1 vaccine, according to a notification that was sent out to AMA listserv subscribers on August 12. Coders may report the appropriate immunization administration code (CPT codes 90465â€“90474) in conjunction with code 90663 for the administration of the vaccine, depending on the route of administration and the age of the patient.
You can also go to the CDC website and get more info.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join