This is not two parts of the same surgery, this is two surgeries performed in the same surgical session. You need no modifier to bill the surgery your physician performed. For the 62 modifier, both surgeons must be performing different pieces of the same surgical procedure; such as one surgeon performs the opening and approach of an anterior laminectomy and a different surgeon performs the laminectomy. Both physicians will write an op note detailing his specific function, and both will bill the same procedure code with the 62 modifier attached. In your scenario each surgeon will be using a different CPT code so no modifier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join