Per Dec 2008 CPT Assistant:
"Question: Two separate extremities required electromyographic (EMG) guidance for BotoxÂ® injections. May code 95874 (EMG guidance with BotoxÂ®) be reported bilaterally or with units?
Answer: No, code +95874, Needle electromyography for guidance in conjunction with chemodenervation (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure), should be reported once per chemodenervation (ie, BotoxÂ® injection) procedure session (eg, code 64614, +95874).
The same reporting is applicable to add-on code 95873, Electrical stimulation for guidance in conjunction with chemodenervation (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure). Add-on code 95873 is reported once per chemodenervation procedure session (eg, code 64614 and +95873). It is not appropriate to report either code +95873 or +95874 for each area injected or multiple times for each injection performed...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join