Never had this happen before but I agree with you, he needs to change the documentation to match the request.
I generally have the flip side, the request is for Dr. A but Dr. B is his partner and the one that is doing rounds that day. There doesn't seem to be an issue with this, but I am thinking there is no way around it for the requesting physician unless they stop practicing and someone else picked up where they left off.
Just my thoughts,
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join