I would use 23412 and 29823 (for debridement of the glenoid, humeral head and labrum).
There is not enough documentation to support 29826 or 29824. He only states "I then performed an acromioplasty & a partial distal clavicle excision. I resected the corocoacromial ligament.". He needs to tell you how he accomplished both of these surgeries. Stating he performed them alone is not enough. He needs to document how much of the distal clavicle was excised (8mm + to qualify for 59 modifier). Did he convert the acromion to a type I or II? The documentation really stinks!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join