Amniocentesis

1. Question Amniocentesis
    Exam Training Packages
    Does anyone have a suggestion of the correct ICD-9 code for fetal lung maturity? Thanks!

Default Amniocentesis
    Hi Volanna,

Sounds like you are trying to justify an amniocentesis when the results are basically normal (fetal lung maturity). I guess what I mean is it appears that the reason for the test was to see if the baby's lungs were mature yet. What was the reason the test was done to begin with? Was there premature rupture of membranes or something?

Maryann Palmeter, CPC

3. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpalmeter View Post
    Hi Volanna,

Sounds like you are trying to justify an amniocentesis when the results are basically normal (fetal lung maturity). I guess what I mean is it appears that the reason for the test was to see if the baby's lungs were mature yet. What was the reason the test was done to begin with? Was there premature rupture of membranes or something?

Maryann Palmeter, CPC
    32 weeks and 5 day gestation - mom has numbness in legs, chest and back pain with excessive weight gain, fetus is RH-positive. Mom had EKG on 12/11
    Thanks

4. Default
    we use V28.2- the only reason we were doing the testing is because we were goiing to induce her-

Similar Threads

1. Amniocentesis
    By samyjm13 in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 10:00 AM
  2. Indigo Carmine Dye/Amniocentesis
    By Rebecca Lyn Davis in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
  3. Amniocentesis for twins
    By yt in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1