I work in a Behavariol Medicine facility, and when I go over HPI elements with my physicians I tell them since our facility is for mental health that location (head) would NOT be a good reference to use unless they are coming in due to maybe cognitive deficits due to a TBI or CVA, or a recent head injury that is causing cognitive problems.
So I am taking it that your practice is an OB.GYN so I would agree that pregancy at how many weeks would not be good to use for duration and location.
As for documentation stating that you should not use those I don't know of any. But I would say that the situation would call for the type of practice you are in and coding for.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join