I found this if it helps:
As an orthopaedic practice, we will perform stress views on a joint (CPT 77071). Are there any documentation recommendations you could share showing how our physicians should document this appropriately? The physicians have the majority of information correct in the note; however, they do not indicate what type of stress and/or how much stress was applied and I would like to educate them on appropriate documentation for this type of service.
We could not find anything in any of our resources that stated the best documentation for "stress views". Basically your providers just need to state that there were stress views performed. The radiology CPT codes are broken down by the number of views, not as to stressed vs. non-stressed. Select the code with the most appropriate number of films taken.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join