I think it really depends on the physicians documentation and his use of this term...
Deconditioning=diminished ability or perceived ability to perform tasks involved in person’s usual activities of daily living.
728.2=Use this code for muscle wasting and atrophy due to disuse, where the condition is not classified elsewhere. For example, myofibrosis, in which muscle tissue is replaced by fibrous (scar) tissue, would fall under this category.
799.3=Any unspecified debility that impairs the patient's life in some way.
I could see either one...but I do think it depends on the physicians use and his/her documentation
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join