According to the definition of Q0091 in Level 2 HCPCs, it states, "obtaining, preparing and conveyance of cervical or vaginal smear to laboratory." As such, one cannot bill 99000 in addition to Q0091 because 99000 is in essence a code for conveyance of a specimen from an office to a lab and that is already included in the definition of Q0091.
Hope this helps.
Maryann Palmeter, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join