If you are doing education sessions for a group of patients, I think you could use this code: 99078 Physician educational services rendered to patients in a group setting (eg, prenatal, obesity, or diabetic instructions) The physician provides educational services to patients in a group setting. The topics vary according to the group but can include prenatal care, diet, diabetic instruction, and smoke cessation. I believe the ICD-9 would come out of the V65 group of codes, V65.3 is dietary counseling and includes diabetes education, and V65.4 is other counseling not elsewhere classified and includes health advice, education and instruction.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join