Are you billing for ACT aka wearable mobile cardiovascular telemetry event monitor? if so, 93228 is a new code for 2009 reported once every 30 days. These type of event monitors are a pain in the -----. Anyway, for 2008 we would bill 93237 each day pt wore the monitor, most insurance plans would pay for the daily billing. It was hit and miss with UH. We would send in copies of the daily transmission reports to appeal their denials. We never received payment billing 93799-26 with or w/o a date range. We rec'd payment from Medicare and Medi-caid when we billed with 93237.
As far as I know, we have been paid billing 93228 once every 30 days. I would ask your rep why they suggested billing 93237 or 93799 when there is a new code for these monitors.
I hope this has helped,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join