AAPC - Back to school

Thread: charging for FMLA and loan disability forms

Question charging for FMLA and loan disability forms

AAPC: Back to School
    We normally charge 10.00 for completion of forms outside the office visit (99080). One of the physicians states a big hospital in our area charges $75.00!! He thinks 10.00 is too low. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I also see where the average is around $25, but this is more of an opinion than an actual study. Thank you.

We charge 35.00 for forms 1-2 pages and 50.00 for 3 or more pages. This is for both disability and fmla. We are an doctor's office, not a hospital. They went up on the price. It used to be 15/30. HTH

Marion, OH

Our office charges $25.00 for up to 6 pages then $2.00 per page.

We charge $10 as well. It may be low but you have to consider your area as well.

As far as comparing to a hospital, he needs to put it in perspective. Compare some other charges.

I saw a urine pregnancy test thru the hospital that was billed at $80.00. I don't remember the lab but one company was charging us $24.00 and the hospital charged $160.00 for the same exact test.

Just my experience,

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Similar Threads

1. Forms for disability
    By espforu in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 03:28 PM
  2. billing for filling out FMLA forms
    By Colliemom in forum E/M
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 09:29 AM
  3. Billing for completion of Disability Forms