You indicated in your post that all of the consult requriements were met. Well, exactly what advice/opinion is being requested of the GI doc if the service is a screening? Sounds to me like the referring physician just wants the patient screened and wants to know what the results are.
Also, a screening colonoscopy was priced by Medicare to include the usual pre-op assessment on the patient. As such, the consult should not be billed in addition to it.
Maryann Palmeter, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join