The following two codes 80100 and 80101 are only present in the CPT manual for the screening purpose. Medicare pays around $21.23 for 80100 and $20.11 for 80101 on the clinical lab fee schedule. Kits that screen for 8 drug classes could mean the lab takes in more than $160 and performing individual screening.
Where as these CPT codes 80154, 82145, 82205, 82570, 83840, 83925, 83986, 83992, 84311, 83805 are not considered as screening rather they are therapeutic drug assay and chemistry procedures which can be billed individually if performed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join