We have a coding software for surgeries and when I put the two codes in it states that 65420 includes 65780. If you can justify the modifier it needs to be placed on the 65780. Please see the description below from the bundling software.
Unbundling Allowed With Appropriate Modifier
Code 65780 (RVU: 20.36) is included in 65420 (RVU: 8.62). 65780 (RVU: 20.36) may be unbundled from 65420 (RVU: 8.62) if you can justify the use of an appropriate modifier. If you are unable to justify the use of a modifier, you may only bill 65420 (RVU: 8.62). If you bill both, 65780 (RVU: 20.36) should receive the modifier.
Lenore Carver, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join