Here is the scenario. The doctor ordered 2 orders for 2 separate procedures:
1) CT sinuses for ethmoid sinusitis
2) CT Facial for R/O fracture of Left Mandible
Both scans are different because of the patient history. Radiology department was simply doing what was ordered by the physician. This is an outpatient procedure. Only problem I see with billing both of these is that they share the same cpt 70486. In fact this cpt includes the sinus, but not as detailed as the one done here
. Do you think we can put a modifier 59 to distinguish between the 2. Please help.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join