As long as the time in/time out is documented byt the physician as his/her total face to face time, the it can be use in the calculation. However time spent alone is not a consideration for visit level. First a visit is determined by the documentation of the three key components, then if counseling or coordination iof care is docuemnted and is considered the key/controlling component, (50% or more of time spent) then time is used as the THE component to determine the visit level.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join