I have a question about using the code 99215 for an office visit. When I read the description it states that they physician typically spends 40 minutes face-to-face w/ the patient. How specific does the physician have to be when he documents his time spent w/ the patient?
On the office notes, it just states "time in" and "time out"--- which does total more than 40 minutes. Is something like this acceptable or does the physician need to be more specific and break down the total time spent w/ the patient?
Emily Kress, CPC
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join