AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Emergency Dept. codes??

Default Emergency Dept. codes??

AAPC: Back to School
    I need to populate my clients database with "all" ED codes - not just E&M codes, pretty much any/all codes that might be billed in the ED. Instead of copying the entire CPT book, can anyone provide me with a comprehensive encounter form or point me in the direction of a website or resource for this kind of information?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kjferg47; 09-09-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Default Sources

A good starting point is all of the laceration repair; I&D, foreign body removal and burn codes as well as finger, toe, rib and clavicle fracture and dislocation codes.
    But I can get you something if you give me your E-Mail address. But you should cross reference any encounter form you receive with 2009 CPT for completeness and accuracy.
    Also Ingenix publishes the Emergency Medicine Coding Companion which is good. But I always have to give the discalimer that it isn't a primary coding source.

Jim Strafford CEDC MCS-P

Thanks for the response Bill. I was able to get the information from another source. So far it has been helpful.

Similar Threads

1. Emergency dept codes/fee schedule
    By ealvarez113@hotmail.com in forum Emergency Department
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  2. surgeon E/M in the emergency dept
    By sbetts in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 10:35 AM
  3. Emergency Dept. Services
    By punkyboo in forum E/M
    Replies: 2