AAPC - Back to school

Thread: time and templates

Default time and templates

AAPC: Back to School
    As far as documentation for time spent counseling, is anyone using a template for their provider(s) to "click" that provides all necessary elements for coding with time? For example, an option in the emr that states "over 50% of this _____ minute visit was spent in counseling in regards to ______".
    My docs can't seem to word their note to provide the required information but also see this being abused. If you use a template, how is that working for you?

I would like to know that as well. I am having a lot of trouble getting our docs to choose or use the right vocabulary. In addition, does anyone have any educations sources they may have used to educate their doctors? Sorry to butt in on your question but I thought it was relative and hopefully we both can find some answers. I just met w/ EMR dept head to see if we can do some more things "to click" as you put it so they have their bases covered. Our docs are not giving me enough to go on with their progress notes (hospitalists for subsequent visits). If I can't school them then I would like their options to be limited. Also, does anyone know when the proposal for doing away with consult codes would start?

Similar Threads

1. Templates
    By Peke in forum ENT/Otolaryngology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2015, 10:44 AM
  2. Templates
    By Kmetzke in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 05:01 AM
  3. templates
    By wingzone in forum E/M
    Replies: 1