What are the requirements for this code?
My understanding is the physician would have to counsel the patients on benefits, risks, and possible side effects of the vaccine. So it stands to reason the documentation should show this is what happened. Is it ok to have a check box stating handouts were given? I don't feel that is enough to support this but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, nobody wants to do document anymore than necessary.
I also don't think this should be billed if the info was given by the nurse. Since it states physician, I don't see how this could be billed incident to either.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join