These are pretty straightforward if I understand your examples correctly.
# 1 is a subsequent hospital visit to the internal medicine doctor. I'm assuming patient has already been "admitted" by Psych so already has the initial hospital care visit billed.
# 2 If your physician is admitting the patient to the hospital, you bill the initial hospital visit. If the admitting physician is the same physician who saw the patient earlier in the day in the office, you roll that work/documentation into the work/documentation for the initial hospital visit and choose the level accordingly.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join