Title: Correction-degenerative joint disease of knee
Body: Degenerative Joint Disease of Knee
Coding Clinic,Second Quarter 2003,
There was a correction because they had published the wrong code but basically this states: When degenerative joint disease affects only one site but is not identified as primary or secondary, it is assigned to subcategory 715.3.
I took this to mean if the note does not indicate that it is affecting more than one joint it is ok to use localized, but you need to know if it is primary or secondary.
However, I could be wrong.....does anyone else know?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join