No such thing as a dumb question....
From a CPT coding perspective, it is appropriate to report CPT code 63042 to describe the procedure where a laminotomy is performed while concurrently performing nerve root decompression, partial facetectomy, foraminotomy, and/or excision of herniated intervertebral disk with reexploration at the lumbar level. CPT code 63040 and subsequent indented code 63042 are the only codes which may be reported for procedures performed on a recurrent herniated nucleus pulposus.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join