Wouldn't it be unusual to fuse just one side? It's my understanding that the fusion procedures are not to be billed bilaterally. I believe that's why Medicare doesn't allow the bilateral modifier or RT-LT. Also, our spine surgeon never tries to bill bilaterally and he certainly would if he thought he could. Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have anything really official.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join