Your reimbursement will be reduced if you did not supply the implants. The CMS payment indicator for these is H8 which is device intensive. That means that more than 50% of the cost of the procedure is due to the devices/implants. This is the reason for billing with modifier FB. The contractor will reduce the ASC payment for the procedure by the amount of payment that CMS attributed to the device when the ASC payment rate was calculated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join