I ran this info, of course no dx was given so that is coming up as an error, but otherwise I just get the following:
Modifier -51 Required -Procedure code 27705 has been billed on the same DOS as another procedure without an appropriate modifier. Typically, procedures or services with the lower relative value should be reported with modifier 51.
I ran this with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Arkansas and Trailblazer, since those are the Medicare carriers that came up for Oklahoma. It is the same as what I get for WPSMedicare for here in Michigan. I also ran it with the commercial edits option and got the same thing.
You can get a free 30 day trial of encoder thru their website as well.
Hope this is helpful,
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join