Interesting! A similar question was also posted in the Gen'l Surg section of Coding 911 list just a few weeks ago.
The coders who responded recommended using the unlisted code, 44799, because there is no code for a fecal transplant.
Fecal transplant is AKA fecal bacteriotherapy, fecal transfusion or human probiotic transfusion. It is used to treat c-diff colitis by restoring normal bacteria in the colon. The feces is most often donated by a relative.
Hope this is helpful,
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join