Hello Fellow coders,
the company I currently work for instructs us to code the following statement; "history of pulmonary embolism" as current if the patient is on coumadin. With the thought that if the patient is taken off coumadin the emboli would return. They also use this method for breast cancer if the patient is still on tamoxifin, AFIB and other HCC codes.
I'm curious as to how your company handles these coding scenerios and wondered if anyone could weigh in with their thoughts.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join