Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how many providers per biller/coder

1. Default how many providers per biller/coder
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi everybody! I was just wondering if you all could give me some insight as to how many providers you do the billing/coding for. Right now I am working for 6 providers and I do all the billing/coding from A-Z. I have seen other offices that don't like putting that much resp. on one person, but I'm just curious to know what the average is. Any input greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Amanda
    Amanda, CPC.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda23 View Post
    Hi everybody! I was just wondering if you all could give me some insight as to how many providers you do the billing/coding for. Right now I am working for 6 providers and I do all the billing/coding from A-Z. I have seen other offices that don't like putting that much resp. on one person, but I'm just curious to know what the average is. Any input greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Amanda
    I have 7, but I only do the surgical coding and billing not the office stuff
    Mary, CPC, CANPC, COSC

I am basically a keypunch operator. I get encounters from 5 practices (9 providers). We have another dept that does AR and appeals, another one who does posting of money.
    Karen Barron, CPC
    Hampton New Hampshire Chapter

I code, register and post demos with verified insurance for 12 physicians(each has their own orthopaedic specialty; trauma, spine, upper /lower extrm, total hips/knees, sports etc...) in our group of 24, plus 4 fellows and multiple physician's assistants when applicable.
    Last edited by jdemar; 09-28-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    jdemar, CPC, CMA

I code and bill over 900 cases a month, i work for a surgical center
    Angelica Stephens RHIT, CPMA, COSC, CCS-P, CPC, COC.
    Albuquerque, NM

I am the only coder for a 65+ provider multi-specialty practice. The providers do their own coding and I help on the A/R end clean it up. A little bass-ackwards if you ask me, but I do have my hands full! I also do internal audits and I do my best to keep the providers up-to-date on coding and educate the business office staff.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Default providers/biller/coder
    I am the only coder for 33 physicians. We have OBGYN, ORTHO, Pain management, Anesthesia, Cardio thoracic surgeon, GI, Pediatrics, Internists there's more I just can't remember right now. I code the procedures and help clean up anything that comes up that didn't make it through insurance. We also do post-procedural audits and help any other way I can. I do charge entry for one office for their hospital rounds only. And am pretty much a jack of all trades and hopefully a master of some!

The practice I work for has 15 physicians and 2 PA's, all Orthopaedics. We are currently expanding to include Pain Management in our ASC and possibly Podiatry in the near future. I code all of the surgeries for the hospitals and our ASC do the compliance/education piece. We currently have one clinical coder and are about to train a second CPC.
    Catherine Nolin, CPC, CGSC

I am the only coder for 8 FT and 11 PT physicians. We have family practice, podiatry, chiropractic, pain clinic, integrative health, OB/GYN, rheumatology and urology. I don't do the billing. I do all ICD-9 coding, audit E/M and CPT and pass it to the billers. We have an average of 1900 encounters/month.
    Heidi Thompson, CPC

We have 5 FT Orthopaedic surgeons and 2 PA's( in process of adding another PA). I do coding for all surgical procedures and office encounters, i also enter all the charges in and bill out to Insurance. I am the manager of the department, also I have a payment poster who also does credentialing and 2 AR follow up rep's who work denial and appeals. We also just added a ASC, so I will do the coding and charge entry for that as well. We also conduct internal audits every 3 months of charts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast