Good Morning All:
My surgeon did an ACL Reconstruction on a patient, all went well with surgery and during recoup period. However, two weeks after the surgery the patient tripped and popped her knee out of the brace. She reinjured the ACL ligament and the doc had to take her back to surgery again to repair the retorn ACL ligament.
My question is, I billed the initial surgery as 29888 RT and the surgery again two weeks later as 29888 78 RT; does the second surgery start a new global period or is it just a continuation of the initial global?
All help is appreciated.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join