In reagrds to the knee you performed a menisectomy in the medial compartment (29881) and then a major synovectomy (29876) that represents the patella compartment and the lateral compartment. The G0289 would NOT be reimburseable due to the fact it was paid via the synovectomy. You can't get paid for a chondroplasty (G0289) and synovectomy (29876) for the SAME compartment.
Hope this helps with the knee procedure. I would w/o the G code as bundled.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join