My office is now doing these temporary placements. The office manager is coding 64561, 64561-50 or 64561-LT and 64561-RT, when there are two placements to determine where to put the permanent one. The permanent is coded with 64581. Both Medicare and BCBS are denying the second one. I suggested using the 51 modifier. Does anyone have any input on this. This is a fairly new procedure in my office and I would like to get the billing right.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join